Snow Day Learning Ideas
Below are some suggestions for learning activities that you could be doing with your children during snow days.
- As part of World Book Day, you can download “Teach Your Monster to Read” for free. This app is suitable for early-years and covers letters and sounds to reading full sentences.
- Write a snow adventure story using the Project X characters.
- Write a story and read it to someone
- Design a symmetrical snowflake.
- Write a story or comic strip about a snowman which comes to life.
- Research one of the sports from the Winter Olympics and write some facts you find out.
- Bring snow inside and measure how long it takes to melt.
- Write a recipe for a snowy day including your feelings and thoughts.
- Make a word search with winter words.
- Look at the weather map for negative numbers and compare other countries.
- Time how many snowballs you can make in two minutes.
- Make snow angels.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Design a woolly hat.
- Write your spelling words in the snow.
- Design an outfit suitable for the weather.
- Design a mode of transport to help you move about in the snowy conditions.